Some people would rather find a home by themselves instead of getting a real estate agent. However, buying real property will be faster with the presence of an agent. A study conducted by the National Association of Realtors showed that with the assistance of a broker, a buyer can find a home in a week’s time.
Here are the benefits of having an agent when buying real estate.
- He will properly assess your requirements to make the search faster and easier
- He will pre-qualify your preferences and look for real properties that are within your price range
- He will go along with you to see the property or on your behalf
- He will inspect and find out if there are pressing problems on the property that you are eyeing
- He will make an offer to the seller or the latter’s agent on your behalf
- He will negotiate on your behalf to acquire the property putting your interest as top priority
- He will help you secure the appropriate financing for your selected property.
- He will present you with experienced sellers, lawyers, movers, carpenter, plumbers, etc.
- He will represent you all throughout the real property transactions.
As a whole, real estate agents will guide you throughout the finishing or closing stage. His advice is of great help to you, which he learned from his previous experience in real estate property.
However, you must bear in mind that although there are benefits on getting a real estate agent, not all brokers are the same. Hence, you need to talk to the agent and know of his qualifications, experience and schedule. Get one who is interested and has enough knowledge on home properties. Some agents are more proficient on industrial properties. As much as possible, he must give you informative materials on properties like a Comparative Market Analysis. The CMA has information on the latest acquired properties, the cost of the newly sold homes as well as the price lists and listing dates of homes for sale. It also contains data with regards the location of schools, shopping area, community services and transportation.
To find a real estate agent, get referrals from people you know, which is the best way of finding an agent. A good agent puts his customer’s needs and satisfaction as his top priority. The Web is another option when looking for an agent. With patience, you will be able to find the agent with whom you can trust. It is also advised that you build a good relationship with your real estate once you have found the right one. An open communication between you and your agent will make it even better.